Thursday, November 3, 2011

Halloween 2011

What's the point of having a kid, if you can't dress them up in ridiculous costumes for Halloween, that is until they say "I want to be Batman" for the 3rd year in a row.

Add caption Last year, I stressed for the longest time about what Brooks would wear. One night I was lamenting that our son was going to be in an "ordinary" costume and I was such a failure since my mom always my brother and I awesome costumes, John suggested that he go as Hamlet. DONE! It was really funny, no sewing invovled except that I made him spats since he didn't have black shoes.


This year I thought I had the perfect costume Don Quixote, put a pinwheel on the dog and it would have been great. Then John, the theater designer suggested "American Gothic". We needed a female so I asked Miss K's mom and she LOVED it. I was able to borrow a jacket for Brooks, and cut off the color on a shirt for him so he would have a Mandarn collar. I quickly made Miss K's dress and apron, John made the back drop and we were nerdily ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment