Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Installation #4

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes

Why chocolate chip cookies and not just chocolate chips you ask, because who doesn't love a chocolate chip cookie and who doesn't love a cupcake? If you answered "me" to either of these questions, please step away from the blog.

I made these using a mini muffin tin only, I tried them using a bigger one, but they were really rich and I didn't enjoy them as much, so please note that when making them. These are by FAR the easiest I have made.

The Only Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcakes

1 cup semi sweet Chocolate Chips
2 1/4 cup(s) unsifted flour
1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1 cup(s) (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup(s) sugar
3/4 cup(s) packed brown sugar
2 eggs
4 teaspoon(s) vanilla
2 Tablespoons milk
1 cup(s) chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F and line mini muffin tins.

As with all of my recipes please make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature. I used a stand mixer for these with the paddle attachment. Mix flour, and baking soda in a bowl. Cream butter on medium speed add sugars and blend till fully incorporated, add eggs one at a time until full incorporated, scrape down bowl if needed (it will be needed so just do it). Turn the mixer down to low and slowly add the flour mixture, once it's all in you'll probably need to scrape down the sides of the bowl again, on slow speed add vanilla and milk. Once you have everything in and blended add the chocolate chips. Mix on medium speed for just a few seconds until everything is good and mixed in.

Fill muffin tins and bake for 10-15 minutes, which means I baked mine for 13 minutes and they were perfect, but who puts 13 minutes in a recipe? Let them sit in the tins for a bit before placing on a rack to cool. I couldn't wait for the rack and stuck mine in the freezer, but you didn't hear that from me.

Icing

1 stick room temperature butter
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar

Again using my trusty stand mixer I whipped the heck out of the butter, put the stick in the bowl, walked the dial up to high and let it run for 3 minutes before adding anything. Once the butter had lots of air, I started adding the sugar in 2/3 cup increments, of course use low to start and walk it up to high, I let it whip on high for 1 minute between installments. I know this takes forever, but it's so amazingly awesome that it is worth the extra time, I SWEAR!!!! This recipe makes a bajillion, so you may want to half it the first time, unless you are having a bajillion people over, in which case, this is the way to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment