Monday, June 20, 2011

How to Make my Day

I had no idea how much these little things would mean to me. In the past 6 weeks, I have gotten three of the biggest compliments of my life. In order in compliment given.

1. You always look so put together. My friend, Amanda said this to me a few weeks ago. Amanda always looks fab in my eyes, in fact a mutual friend of ours called her the brunette Barbie. She's lovely and always looks fabulous, so for her to say this to me meant so much.

2. Would you watch my daughter? I don't know that there is a bigger responsibility and parenting compliment that one can be given. To know that she thinks I am a good candidate to help with her childcare has flattered me to no end.

3. You're so adventurous. I never considered myself adventurous, but apparently I am. I do a lot of things with both kids and even more when it's just me. In the past two weeks we have taken Brooks kayaking (a failure), biked 10 miles, flown with him by myself at 5 months, I guess these things are adventurous.

So toot toot (that's my horn). And thank you to my friends for pointing out things that I didn't think about, but mean a lot to me.

1 comment:

  1. BRUNETTE BARBIE? I'LL TAKE IT. And yes you always do look put together. For real.

    ReplyDelete