Monday, April 11, 2011

Car Napping

Saturday was the first warmer and sunny day we have had in quite a while. We took full advantage of it too. My cousin and her family had spent the night and we went to the sculpture garden at John's school. Brooks was way behind on his nap so when he fell asleep in the car after company had left, I didn't disturb him.

We had gone to Petco to pick up some dog food, but Brooks kept sleeping. Eventually I rolled my window down to enjoy the breeze and the sun's warmth, then I started to nod off. Next thing I know I hear a Lady say, "Are you alright?" I had fallen asleep with my head on the window sill so it was partially out of the car. I pop awake and the first thing I think was, "darn it I was enjoying my nap", then I realized this lady probably thought I was dead. I replied, "No, I'm fine thanks. Just resting while my baby is asleep in the back." I thanked her and she waved at me as she drove off.

Of course Brooks was still totally unconscious, but I was too wound up to fall back asleep. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.

1 comment: