Tuesday, April 26, 2011

You Inspire Me

After posting about trimming our grocery budget, I got lots of feedback from people. All with ways and ideas on what works for their family. I was so inspired that I have decided to coupon (this is now a verb) in May. One of our local grocery stores double coupons up to $1. Since they don't have a huge organic selection, I will continue shopping at my regular store and then go to the other story once a week. I am going to figure out if A) I'm actually saving money B) the time output is worth the cost savings.

I figure it's going to take a month to really see a difference. As I mentioned before, I don't know if this will really work since we don't buy a lot processed or packaged food, but we do need the essentials, toilet paper, tampons, you know the fun stuff we all like to talk about.

So, my friendly internets, I will do a spreadsheet with the time I spent, what we bought and what we saved, and share at the end of May. I'm actually looking forward to my little adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment