Friday, May 27, 2011

Interview with a Babysitter

Brooks will have his first non family or friend baby sitter tomorrow night. I asked some friends for recommendations and was given this name. I called her and did an "interview" that went something like this:

Me: Do you have experience with infants?
sitter: Not really, but I've helped my mom in the 2 year old room at the preschool, and I have a bunch of younger cousins.
Me: Close enough, he's sorta like a 2 year old, except that his mobility is different, oh and the communication. You'll be fine.

Brooks is really laid back, so I'm not too concerned. Plus we'll only be 10 minutes away at a party. Perhaps I'm too laid back, but when I relayed the story to John he was on board.

Now I have to clean my house as if I had a picky mother in law and she was coming to visit. I don't want the sitter to think that I don't have time to clean my house (which I don't). Also I apparently need to get some food for her, we have no snacks in the house except popcorn and we don't have a microwave. Maybe I should pick up paper towels too just in case. I don't want to scare her.

No comments:

Post a Comment