Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Bathed at Bloomingdales

WARNING: This is a poop story, a funny poop story though.
The weather was especially crappy today, high of 53 and rainy, so I decided to take the kids to the mall. I had some gift cards and it was about time to fill in some gaps in Brooks’ summer wardrobe. On top of all of that goodness a friend texted me this morning to see if I wanted to meet for lunch. Wahoo, shopping and lunch with a friend.
We get to the mall around 11:15 for our scheduled lunch date at 11:30. Right as we are pulling into the mall Miss K starts howling. Not crying, but screeching at the top of her lungs and the apparent set she borrowed somewhere. I park and get the double stroller out ASAP and get her out of her seat. As soon as I pick her up I realize she is desperate need of a diaper change. Not a problem I had built this into our timing. I grab Brooks, all the while Miss K is still howling. She had eaten only an hour prior, but was apparently still hungry, fortunately she’s such a big girl she can hold her own bottle now!!
We get inside the mall and I go into Bloomingdales to A) use their restroom, B) peruse their shoe selection and C) check out if they have any infant Burberry (which they did). We go straight to the restroom and I bring Miss K up onto the changing table and start the changing process. This is when I discover she has exploded out of her diaper. Now as a cloth diaper user this is a random occurrence, but I was prepared, (sort of) with a change of clothes.
The explosion was so forceful she is covered down one leg past her knee. I didn’t discover the full extent though since it was front and back until after I had laid her on the mat and had begun to change her clothes. Since I didn’t realize how bad things were, poop was now everywhere. I decided to start from scratch. Once she was stripped down I took her over to the sink and bathed her. Brought her back and cleaned off the mat while holding a naked baby in one arm. Placed her back down and got her a new diaper and clothes.
I didn’t think much of it until I was relaying the story and realized just how comical it actually is. Several people walked in and out while we were there. Although the bathing was done behind closed doors (the handicap stall has a large private sink so I used that), the changing mat is in the main area of the restroom. I can only imagine what was going through people’s heads. Oh well, I had a clean and happy baby once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment