Friday, March 25, 2011

I Would Like Thank the Academy

For my Not Mother of the Year Award.....

Brooks has been crawling for about 10 days now. We have been baby proofing the house as we go, which we learned is the best way. Except for the gates which are all over. I knew it was going to happen eventually, a scrape, a bruise, a cut, but it doesn't help when it actually happens.

I put him down for his nap and went into the bathroom next door. I heard him stirring and was getting ready to go in, but I had to get the medicine off my fingers first. I didn't get there soon enough, next I heard *THUD* *SCREAM*. I ran to him and he was on the floor. I scooped him up and checked him over visually first and realized he fell on his head. First thing that ran through my head, "OMG we have to go to the hospital he has a head injury." Then I took a deep breath, gave him lots of hugs and kisses and walked over to the window. We looked out the window and almost immediately I got two whimpers a sigh and baby hands banging on the window with a big smile.

OK He's alright, I knew this, I really did, but I couldn't put him down for about 30 minutes. Thankfully Miss K slept through all of this and the post cuddle which was more for me than him. We went downstairs and I kept him in my lap while we read books. Poor guy all he wanted to do was crawl away and play, but I needed him close.

We always joked that we were going to need to wrap him in bubble wrap so this was nothing. John has had more than his far share of stitches and I have broken 7 bones, so we know that this is the first of many accidents to come. He did a good job, a nice purple goose egg on his forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment