Saturday, March 19, 2011

Putting on my Flame Suit

We're co-sleepers and bed sharers. We planned on co-sleeping originally. With nursing it makes everything so much easier. Especially in the first few weeks, when he was still feeding every two hours, even after that slowed down he was still up 3-5 times a night. But as we have discovered we can have a plan, but we have to be flexible.

I was supposed to give birth in a birth center, unmedicated. After 50 hours of labor I was transferred to the hospital and 15 hours later Brooks came out via C-section. The C-section was the first big change that we had. Brooks was supposed to sleep in the Baby Moses basket next to our bed, but it was too hard for me to sit up and get him out. After one night we went to the store and bought a co-sleeper.


He slept in this, between us for the first few weeks until I was healed enough to move him to the basket.




Around Thanksgiving we started moving Brooks to his crib, but he's still nursing and we were in and out of his room 2-3 times a night. It was SOOO much easier and we got SOOO much more sleep when he slept with us.

While I sometimes miss waking up and snuggling with my husband, I get to wake up to this every morning.









How long will this last? I don't know, right now I'm just enjoying the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment